This should go without saying, but being president of the United States is not easy.
It’s a thankless job, where no matter what you do, there will be some section of the population left unhappy. There are endless hours of work. There’s the fact that anything and everything you do will be under intense scrutiny.
There’s also the important fact that, as the most powerful man in America, there will be people looking to kill you.
President Donald Trump last year reportedly was the target of a credible threat last year, but was safe after Secret Service foiled an Assassination attempt led by the Islamic State group, according to a report scheduled to air Sunday as a National Geographic special titled “The United States Secret Service: On the Front Line.”
Despite the gravity of such a situation, the establishment media has willfully ignored this bombshell story, opting instead to focus on other ways to paint Trump as a racist, or somehow undeserving of Americans’ support.
It’s an active disservice to Americans to bury such a story, considering the amount of time and effort that goes into protecting the president. The fact that the story could easily become a Hollywood movie only makes it worse than the mainstream media has been so quiet about this report.
As The Daily Beast noted, the events took place in November 2017 when, barely a year into his presidency, Trump was slated to go to the ASEAN 50 summit to meet with various South Asian leaders.
It was for this trip that the Secret Service heard “credible information” about an Islamic State group-led attempt on Trump’s life.
“There is credible information that an incident could occur during ASEAN,” Special Agent Audrey Gibson, the reported “eyes and ears” of Trump’s security detail preparing for the trip to Manila, said on the National Geographic special, according to The Daily Beast.
“As of this week, the Philippines has escalated to a critical threat level,” Gibson added.
As Trump prepared to board Air Force One for his trip to the Philippines, the Secret Service detail was made aware of a tweet that read “Gonna be in Manila the same time as Trump… I’ll take one for the team lads,” according to The Daily Beast. The tweet was accompanied by a mug shot of notorious presidential assassin Lee Harvey Oswald.
After tracking the IP address of the threat, The Daily Beast reported, the Secret Service discovered that the tweet did, in fact, originate from a residence just a short distance away from the hotel where Trump was staying. With a threat and nearby proximity established, the Secret Service continued to monitor the man.
“With social media, there’s software that can scroll through all of [the threats] at a much faster rate than any human can do it, so in some regards, it makes it easier. But the bread and butter of what we do is the human element — and the people that work the mission — and that’s never going to change,” Gibson told the Daily Beast.
On top of the Lee Harvey Oswald wannabe, the Secret Service learned of another threat to the president on the same Manila trip. This time, the threat was an actual Islamic State group agent who was reportedly staying just a mile away from Trump’s hotel.
Obviously, all crises were averted as the Secret Service notified the Philippine National Police of its findings. The PNP then descended upon a park where the Islamic State group operative and “an associate” were meeting. Mission accomplished.
“With technology, that was one of the things that were a blessing for us, because we were able to know that he was moving closer to us, where he was, and track him. That was a huge piece of stopping the threat,” Special Agent Chad Ragan, who was in charge of the Secret Service security detail for that particular trip, told The Daily Beast.
This is a genuinely harrowing story that would make for a great movie that would stress the dangers of the presidency and the hard work that goes into protecting him.
Leave it to the establishment media to ignore any story that dares to paint Trump or his Secret Service in a good way.
18 total views, 12 views today
As an avid political junkie and full-time writer, James Ledbetter worked for Blasting News for 3 years. During that time, James gained over 45,000 readers, reaching people from all over the world. His work has been promoted by thousands of writers and a few politicians. Since starting with Western Free Press in May of 2018, James has gained close to 100,000 new readers and is currently one of the top-ranked writers for the company. James writes thought-provoking political articles on a daily basis. Favorite quote: “If content is king, then research is queen.” SEE MY FULL PROFILE